BIOKAVANGO Project and the Department of Environmental Affairs (Okavango Delta Management Plan) will host the Environment and Development Dialogue to discuss environmental/biodiversity conservation and development issues surrounding the Okavango Delta wetland prior to the commemoration of the World Wetlands Day and to mark the completion of the Okavango Delta Managament Plan.
The meeting, free to the public, is scheduled for Thursday 31st January 2008 at Maun Lodge, Maun, at 1900hrs.
Facilitator: Dr Hillary Masundire, Head of the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Botswana and Chairperson of the Commission on Ecosystem Management, IUCN.
1. Honourable Frank Ramsden, Member of Parliament for Maun East “Community Perspectives”
2. Ms Myra Sekgororoane, Chief Executive Officer, Botswana Tourism Board “Economic Opportunities - Tourism”
3. Dr Casper Bonyongo, Research Fellow, University of Botswana, Harry Oppenheimer Okavango Research Centre (UB - HOORC) “Ecological Dimensions”
4. Dr Pete Ashton, Principal Researcher & Divisional Fellow, Centre for Scientific International Research (CSIR) “Regional and International interests”
1. Prof Lars Ramberg, Director, University of Botswana, Harry Oppenheimer Okavango Research Centre (UB - HOORC)
2. Dr Nkobi Moleele, National Project Coordinator, BIOKAVANGO Project, (UB - HOORC)
3. Dr Lapologang Magole, Research Fellow, University of Botswana, (UB - HOORC)
4. Mr Joseph Mbaiwa, Senior Research Fellow, University of Botswana, (UB - HOORC)
5. Mr Felix Monggae, Chief Executive Officer, Kalahari Conservation Society(KCS)
6. Ms Morongoe Ntloedibe-Disele, Chief Executive Officer – HATAB
Theme: Whose Delta is it?