The following Forest Conservation Activities are supported by the Fund:
- Establishment, restoration, protection and maintenance of protected areas including Parks and reserves.
- Development and implementation of scientifically sound systems of natural resources Management, including land and ecosystem management practices.
- Training programmes to increase the scientific, technical and managerial capacities of individuals and organizations involved in conservation efforts.
- Restoration, protection or sustainable use of diverse animal and plant species.
- Research and identification of medicinal uses of tropical forest plant to treat human diseases, illnesses and health related concerns.
- Development and support of the livelihoods of individuals living in or near forests in a manner consistent with protecting such tropical forest.